Friday 20 January 2012

Birthday Cake Hall of Fame No. 2

The Chocolate Edition! Whoop!


So, without further ado, bah ba da baaaah!


1. The Chocolate Guinness Cake


From Nigella Lawson's Feast - which, incidentally, has a whole chocolate cake Hall of Fame section! Hooray!




2. Chocolatey Squiggle Cake?


Chocolate sponge, chocolate butter icing, truffle and twiglet decoration and white chocolate squiggles on top?


3. Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cake


My housemate made this one for me for my birthday and it was a chocolate fest in my mouth. Two layers of chocolate brownie sponge sandwiched with Nutella icing and raspberry jam, topped with raspberry pieces, marshmallow and moooore chocolate! MORE CHOCOLATE!



4. Big Shocker (Traditional Chocolate Cake)

Another from Nigella's Chocolate Hall of Fame. I added honey instead of golden syrup to the icing and it gave the whole thing an added dimension. (To the taste. Although now I think of it a 4D cake could be something to think about). Decorated with Malteasers...




No comments:

Post a Comment